Success and discipline often go hand in hand. If you’re looking for tips & tricks to set you up to be more successful, keep reading.
Practice Daily Gratitude and Journaling
Let’s face it, gratitude can have an extremely beneficial effect on our view of ourselves and our circumstances. Practicing gratitude and exercising your mind with journaling are two highly effective habits you can implement to start recognizing your success.
The word gratitude is derived from the Latin word, ‘gratia,’ which translates to grace, graciousness, or gratefulness. According to a Harvard study titled, Giving thanks can make you happier, they explain, “Gratitude is a thankful appreciation for what an individual receives, whether tangible or intangible. With gratitude people acknowledge the goodness in their lives. In the process, people usually recognize that the source of that goodness lies at the least partially outside themselves.” There are a few ways that you can practice daily gratitude:
- Give thanks. Write a thank-you note to someone that has helped you get to where you are. Share the things that you are thankful for, the impact they have made on your life, and why they are important to you. You are guaranteed to feel uplifted when doing so.
- Keep a gratitude journal. Create the habit of writing down the things that you are grateful for in your day. When you look back, you’ll see how the seemingly insignificant moments played a role in making you the successful person you are today.
- Count your blessings and pray. Dedicate time in your day to sit down and write out your blessings. As you come up with these things, be specific and think about how it makes you feel. If you are religious, take this time to also pray and cultivate gratitude.
- Meditate. Mindful meditation usually involves focusing on the present moment without any judgment. Focus on what you’re grateful for during this time.
Eat Well and Exercise
If you are career-focused or aspiring to achieve success elsewhere, eating a nutrient-dense diet and committing to consistent exercise can greatly increase your productivity and chances of success.
No surprise here—eating well and exercising has numerous benefits to your life. Many studies show that those that workout regularly maintains a clean mind and feel more motivated. Across the board, many extremely successful individuals credit their productivity to strict exercise regimens. Billionaire Richard Branson, found of Virgin Group, credits his productivity to waking up at 5 am daily to play tennis or bike.
A few other simple tips you can implement into your daily routine include:
- Eat breakfast. Getting up a few minutes earlier to make time for breakfast can make a huge difference in your motivation and productivity. Try to eat whole, nutrient-dense food as it is better for your digestive system and will help to power you through until lunchtime. Keep your immune system strong with our tips!
- Use your lunch break for a quick exercise. After you’ve eaten your lunch, go for a quick walk around the office or outside. Stretching your legs can help loosen up tension in your torso and spine for sitting for long periods of time. If you notice that you have persistent pain or discomfort from sitting in your chair, you can take the extra step in your self-care routine by implementing supplements that will help you feel your best. Try out a few vitamins or even a CBD muscle salve like the one A88CBD™ to support your muscles.
- Skip emails to coworkers. Challenge yourself to get up and walk to your coworkers to communicate whenever possible. Getting up to stretch your legs will also help you to work in a few extra steps throughout the day! Your body will thank you.
- Drink water. It’s easier to reach for coffee and tea when you have stressful deadlines and a heavy workload. But, water is the best way to power your brain, keep you feeling your best, and helping you to accomplish new goals and gain success.
Make a List of Your Goals
Alongside journaling, writing out your goals can be one of the most beneficial habits when seeking success. Use this exercise to strategize how you plan you accomplish your goals and make them a reality.
By listing out your goals, you will be more likely to stay organized and in pursuit of what you want to accomplish. A general tip is to keep a running list of goals for improvement in a place that you will see while working. Come back to your goals each week and acknowledge the ones that you have accomplished thus far.
Take a Digital Detox
This one is probably the hardest for go-getters. Our phones and computers are our lifelines and the best way to stay connected with those that matter. However, there is a benefit to taking a step away from all digital distractions, even if for a short amount of time.
Troy Anders, confounder of Sound Oasis, states, “Time away from the digital world is critical for my sanity, productivity, and general wellness.” Use the time that you have away from your digital devices to practice gratitude, acknowledge the victories in the day, and better prefer for the coming days.
Along with digital breaks, resting can be one of the most difficult things to accomplish when you are seeking out success. Often, we sacrifice the time we should be using to rest to cross off to-do lists and come up with new, groundbreaking ideas. However, there is great value in a good night’s sleep.
Supporting your team, vision, and pursuit of success rely on your ability to recuperate and prepare for the next big thing. Take the time and put in the effort to get the most out of your time to sleep.
While there are plenty of other habits that will help you find success, we hope that you find these few tips helpful!
For extra relaxation in your wellness routine, add in CBD products such as CBD bath salts or A88CBD™’s CBD Oil Tincture. Shop now!