Almost everyone experiences back pain or discomfort at some point in their life. While it can be extremely uncomfortable to deal with back pain on a daily basis, there are many remedies available to provide relief. Keep reading to learn about a few of our favorites.
What Causes Back Pain?
If you experience back pain—you are not alone. In fact, lower back pain is considered a widespread issue. Research suggests that upwards of 80% of adults experience lower back pain at least one in their lives—while many experience it far more often than that.
In addition to lower back pain, it is not uncommon for people to experience pain in other areas of their back such as the middle and upper back. Because our back muscles and spine support so much of our body’s weight, it’s no surprise that so many people experience discomfort. Each day, your body demands the use of your back for many movements, including sitting, standing, and walking (so...all day!). If you are experiencing discomfort in your pack, you can always reach for a pain-relief medicine for quick comfort, however, we recommend a few other home remedies to try to prevent back pain altogether.
5 Helpful Tips for Back Pain Relief
- Focus on your posture: You’ve probably heard it your whole life but, slouching is very bad for you and will increase your chances of experiencing back pain significantly. If you are someone who sits for long periods of time throughout the day, try your hardest not to slump over your keyboard. Instead, sit upright, with your shoulders relaxed and your body supported by utilizing the back of your chair. If needed, cushion your seat with a pillow or rolled-up towel to help support your lower lumbar. Additionally, whenever possible, keep your feet firmly planted on the floor.
- Get adequate sleep: Back pain can make getting restful sleep very difficult. It can be a never-ending cycle of lack of sleep causing, even more, lower back pain. Without a doubt, your back pain could be heightened because of a poor sleeping position. We recommend trying different sleeping positions to find the right one for you. You can try sleeping on your side pr placing a pillow between your knees to keep your spine neutral. If you have continued back pain, check out the firmness of your bed—it is recommended to sleep on a bed with as much firmness as you can tolerate as opposed to a bed that resembles a cloud.
- Use muscle salve or relief creams: If your persistent back pain is getting in the way of your daily activities, you may consider investing in a product that you can take with you on-the-go that can provide some quick relief. You should look for a salve or cream, like A88CBD™ Muscle Salve that contains menthol, which provides a cooling effect that can dull back pain. If you need even more support, try a thicker relief cream like A88CBD™’s Deep Relief Cream.
- Exercise: It can be tough to get moving when your back pain takes over, however, studies show that exercise is a great way to alleviate back pain. Doing a low-impact activity like walking, yoga, and water exercises helps to loosen tight muscles and release endorphins, which are believed to naturally relieve pain. Plus, regular exercise may help you to prevent future back pain.
- Find ways to manage your stress: It’s no surprise that stress can play a huge role in your overall health—and yes, it can even play into your frequent back pain! A few things you can do the relieve stress include:
- Meditation: Taking the time for daily meditation can help improve many aspects of your health, including chronic pain. Practicing mindfulness helps you become more aware of your body, assisting you with managing pain.
- Deep breaths: Taking deep breaths multiple times throughout your day help to manage daily stressors.
- Yoga: Along with daily exercise, yoga is a great way to stretch and practice intentional breathing.
Back pain doesn’t have to rule your life—we hope that our simple tips help you. If you are looking for additional support, check out A88CBD™'s full line of premium CBD products.