Bath bombs aren’t only fun additions to your bath—the right ones can pack in some great benefits.
Fizzy bubbles, cool colors, decadent scents—when it comes to bath bombs, what’s not to love? Well...that depends. While all bath bombs may seem like they’re just that (a fun, fizzy ball) not all bath bombs are created equally. The type of bath bomb you have depends on whether it carries benefits or not. Read on to find out the benefits of bath bombs and the one bath bomb that has great benefits all around.
What’s Typically in a Bath Bomb?
Most bath bombs have three main ingredients: sodium bicarbonate, sodium lauryl sulfate, and fragrance. The sodium bicarbonate and the sodium lauryl sulfate are what give the bath bomb its signature fizzy reaction when it hits the water, while the fragrance is to make it smell good. Together, these three ingredients make for a standard, run-of-the-mill bath bomb.
Quality bath bombs usually include more than just the three main ingredients. Many feature different essential oils, moisturizing ingredients, and particular fragrances to create a bath bomb that can truly enhance your bathing experience.
Do Bath Bombs Have Any Benefits?
The benefits of bath bombs depend greatly on what ingredients are added to the make-up of the bath bomb. For example, many bath bombs contain essential oils or moisturizers to enhance relaxation and damaged skin. Without any special added ingredients, bath bombs can still carry cleansing and soothing benefits.
Here are the top benefits of bath bombs:
- Calm and Uplift Your Mood. The fragrance of bath bombs can have a positive effect on your mood. Depending on the scent, you can influence your mood to feel better.
- Soothe Your Skin. Some bath bombs contain moisture-rich ingredients to help your skin soak in hydration.
- Alleviate Your Aches. If your bath bomb contains certain essential oils like lavender or peppermint, it can help you relieve any pains and aches after a long day.
- Improve Your Sleep. Taking a bath coupled with a soothing, fizzy bath bomb can help you unwind and destress, promoting relaxation and sleepiness.
- Detox. Most bath bombs contain sodium bicarbonate and citric acid which cleanse, repair, and deodorize your body.
As you can see, many bath bomb benefits depend on the addition of essential oils and moisturizers for you to have an enhanced bath experience.Follow your bath up with a soothing CBD Deep Relief Cream to enhance your self-care experience.