Cucumber extract has proven to provide numerous benefits to your skin. To learn more about all that this extract has to offer, continue reading.
What is Cucumber Extract?
Cucumber extract is believed to be a superfood for your skin. The extracted juice is comprised mostly of proteins, lipids, Vitamin C, and a few minerals. These ingredients combined have both moisturizing and emollient properties. In addition, cucumber extract contains astringent properties and can work to relieve puffy, inflamed skin.
Beyond its great skin benefits, cucumber is believed to be extremely gentle—so much so that it is often used around one of the most sensitive parts of our bodies, the eyes. This is why you will see cucumbers being used during spa treatments, as they help to moisturize the under-eye area and reduce puffiness.
Benefits of Cucumber Extract
Because of its many benefits, cucumber extract has become a key ingredient in many skincare products. Some benefits include:
- Enhanced skin: Cucumber extract provides cooling benefits that are believed to help reduce the appearance of redness and acne. Thanks to its natural cleansing properties, it works hard to clear your skin so you don’t have to.
- Hydrates skin: Cucumber is extremely high in water content, therefore works as an excellent source of hydration for dull, dry skin. Additionally, thanks to its sensitive nature, cucumber works well in combination with other skincare ingredients.
- Soothes skin: Dark circles and puffy eyes don’t stand a chance against the power of cucumbers! It’s cooling properties and antioxidants help to refresh the skin and revive your eyes.
- Anti-aging properties: Cucumber contains manganese and potassium, which are both useful in firming and tightening the skin. Implementing anti-aging products with cucumber extract can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, keep you looking youthful and fresh!
How to Implement Cucumber Extract into Your Routine
Implementing cucumber extract into your routine is simple—here are a few ideas that we think you’ll enjoy.
- Create a cucumber body scrub. For this, you’ll need ½ cucumber, 10 fresh mint leaves, 1 cup granulated sugar, and ¼ cup coconut oil. Simply, blend the cucumber and mint leaves together until the mixture has a smooth consistency. Next, add in the sugar and coconut oil and quickly blend to mix all of the ingredients together. Scoop up the product and place it in a resealable jar to be refrigerated. Use your scrub within 2 weeks for optimal results!
- Make your own cucumber facial toner. This pore shrinking facial toner is the perfect addition to your skincare routine, and only has 2 ingredients! You will need ½ cucumber, and 2 teaspoons of organic honey. First, blend the cucumber until it has become a puree. Use a strainer to remove the pulp from the extracted water. Add the 2 teaspoons of organic honey to the water and mix well. Use a clean glass jar to store your toner in the refrigerator.
- Construct your own foot mask. As we touched on previously, cucumber is extremely hydrating! If you suffer from dry, cracked feet, consider trying out this mask. You will need 2 cucumbers, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 2 plastic bags. To start, add all three ingredients into a blender and blend until the consistency is smooth. Pour the content from the blender into the two plastic bags, dividing them as equally as possible. Place each foot inside of each bag, covering your feet in the mask then tying the bag around your ankles. Leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes, then wash off with lukewarm water. For the ultimate finishing touch, use A88CBD™ Hand + Foot Cream (which also features cucumber extract!) to seal in moisture and keep your feet soft for days to come!