Hey girls, looking for wellness products that help support your body? Look no further—we’ve got you covered.
How CBD Affects the Endocannabinoid System
Over the years of the increased popularity of CBD, one thing has been made very clear—CBD has the potential to provide therapeutic benefits to a host of health conditions. At the root of these potential benefits is the way that CBD works with the body’s Endocannabinoid System (ECS) which is how your body and cannabis interact with one another to provide effects to your body.
Ongoing research has shown the ECS is constantly working in order to regulate how the body works with CBD—including sleep, appetite, immune system, energy levels, reproduction, and memory. It is believed that CBD can help replenish endocannabinoids in the body (anandamide) which can decrease through factors such as stress, diet, alcohol, and lack of sleep.
To sum it up, the potential benefits of CBD expand far and wide. Good news for the ladies reading—studies have show that women may be affected greater by cannabis and cannabinoids than men are.
CBD For PMS, Menstrual Cramps, and Hormonal Imbalances
Whether it’s “that time of the month,” or you’re simply looking to achieve balance with your hormones, CBD may be your solution. One of the worst parts about being a woman is dealing with monthly mood swings, cramps, bloating, & so much more related to your menstrual cycle. If you struggle with painful periods, you know it’s easy to reach for the quickest pain relief possible to get some sort of relief.
But, what would you say if we suggested you skip out on the pain pills and reach for plant-powered pain remedy instead? Using CBD in place of your pain relievers is quite simple, here’s what you do:
- Draw a bath and add in CBD Bath Salts or a few drops of CBD Oil to the water before getting in. Soak for approximately 20 minutes, allowing the heat from the water, and the CBD to work to help soothe contracting muscles and increase blood flow—resulting in relief from menstrual cramps.
- Massage the area of discomfort using CBD Oil or CBD Muscle Salve. By doing this, you can alleviate the discomfort of contractions and inflammation.
- Try a CBD capsule before reaching for pain medication. They are packed with powerful ingredients that help to soothe and revive so you can get back to your daily routine.
CBD For Mood
CBD has really made a name for itself amongst users as a mood booster. Research shows that CBD activates the 5-HT1A serotonin receptor, which plays an important role in regulating mood and anxiety. Additionally, studies are revealing that CBD can cause neurogenesis, which is the creation of new brain cells. This means that the brain is given the opportunity to find new ways of thinking and doing things—which has proven to be an effective way for people to feel less anxious and think with a clearer mind while completing tasks.
CBD For Self-Care
If there has ever been a time that women (ok fine, everyone…) deserves an extra bit of self-care, it’s 2020. If you aren’t on a weekly self-care routine already, it’s time to start one!
We recommend taking an afternoon to pamper yourself and take the time to reset for the coming week. This can look different to everyone, but some things we suggest are:
- Taking a long walk or complete a workout of your choice
- Read a book or listen to a podcast
- Journal and set intentions for your week
- Give yourself a manicure or pedicure, don’t forget to follow up with a CBD hand + foot cream!
- Take a relaxing bath with CBD bath salts and seal in moisture with CBD body lotion
You’ll feel like a million bucks and ready to conquer your day! If you’re looking for high-quality CBD products to implement into your routine, A88CBD™ has numerous products to start up your self-care routine.