Most likely when someone tells you to “calm down,” it does anything but. But increased levels of stress can create other health problems that are less than ideal. Finding all-natural solutions for managing heightened emotions can be challenging, but lavender oil is here to help.
What is Lavender Oil?
Derived from the lavender flower, lavender oil is most commonly found as an essential oil and boasts a variety of useful purposes. For over 2500 years, lavender oil was most commonly used in the sixteenth-century to prevent disease and the plague, according to Heathline.
Benefits of Lavender Oil:
While no longer used to lure off the plague, lavender oil’s most common uses are for beauty and therapeutic purposes.Beauty:
- Heal acne breakouts by using lavender oil as a spot treatment. Lavender oil kills bacteria, making it the perfect all-natural breakout remedy.
- Full of antioxidants, lavender oil works against wrinkle’s free-radicals to prevent unwanted creases and lines on the skin.
- Suffering from itchy eczema? Try lavender, as this oil has antifungal properties that may help reduce eczema-induced inflammation.
- As mentioned above, stress can cause many other health problems. Lavender oil is known to help reduce stress, along with anxiety.
- Have you been struggling with sleeplessness or restless sleep? Lavender oil might be your saving grace, as it helps treat insomnia.
- Whether a tension headache or sore muscles, lavender’s anti-inflammatory properties make it a great pain-relief option.
3 Different Ways to Use Lavender Oil:
How To Use Lavender Oil with Other Oils:
When used in conjunction with other oils, the application process of lavender oil is easier and provides additional benefits. If you are looking to apply lavender oil onto your skin, it’s best to mix with pure coconut oil for spreadability. In addition, combining lavender essential oil with other essential oils such as spearmint and chamomile helps mood-boost and promotes relaxation, respectively.
Along with combining with other essential oils, hemp-derived CBD, when added to lavender oil, aids in further healing. A88CBD™ Essential Oil features 100mg of hemp-derived CBD, blended with lavender oil, creating the perfect concoction to ease fatigue and encourage stress relief.