The demand for CBD products is higher than ever. With so many options it’s important to understand the glaring questions of, “Is all CBD oil the same?”
What Makes CBD Oil High-Quality?
There are numerous factors that affect the quality of CBD oil. As a CBD consumer, here are a few things you should look for when shopping around:
- Is the CBD oil extracted using CO₂ or alcohol? Often times the best CBD oils are extracted uses CO₂. This method ensures safe extraction as it is free of additives and additional chemicals, something that is often overlooked in other extraction methods. As a CBD consumer, you should avoid CBD oils that use propane, butane, pentane, or hexane. Using these chemicals to extract CBD oil can leave behind contaminants.
- Is the price too good to be true? You know the rule of thumb about car shopping—if the price seems too good to be true…it probably is. The same goes for CBD oil. High-quality CBD oils are not cheap to make, so their price will likely reflect that. If the product is made from good, high-quality materials you will likely be paying more. The alternate is often a cheaper product but you can run the risk of your product containing minimal CBD or even contaminated materials.
- Does the product label include the amount of CBD? If you are about to buy a CBD product and can’t find the amount of CBD in the produce—it’s a good idea to steer clear. Reputable CBD companies will always be transparent about the amount of CBD in their product. You will want to look for the concentration or the total number of milligrams in the bottle. High numbers often mean more potency in the product.
- Is the company transparent about the lab results? Before buying CBD, you should always seek out the lab results from the company. Most high-quality companies will make them easy to find. If you can’t find them, stay away. Another useful tool is the Certificate of Analysis (COA) which is a lab report of the contents of the product.
- Does the company make medical claims? Steer clear of a brand that claims their CBD products are “miracle workers.” As of right now, CBD is not approved as a medical treatment by any government agency. Therefore, any medical claims that are made should be taken with a grain of salt.
Why Is High-Quality CBD Important?
As mentioned above, CBD is not currently approved as a medical treatment by any government agency with the exception of one FDA approved drug called Epidiolex. Because CBD is not currently approved by any government agency, it’s important that you do your due diligence when shopping for products.
You want to look for companies that are transparent and honest. The more information that the company provides about its extraction process, lab-testing procedures, and ingredients that they use, the better.
Want to know more about A88CBD™’s process and ingredients? Head to our ‘Explore’ tab on our homepage!