The best thing you can do for yourself is to commit to caring for your body to the best of your ability. If you needed that little push, here it is! Keep reading for more tips and tricks to live your healthiest life.
Why You Should Eat Healthily
It’s no secret that eating healthy solves many of the common issues in our body. Studies show that eating healthy, nutrient-dense foods not only help our bodies look and perform their best, but plays a role in our mental health as well.
Some important effects of eating healthy include:
- Maintaining a healthy body weight
- Helps individuals feel better about their bodies
- Provides energy for daily activities and exercise
- Strengthens bones and muscles
- Improves mental and physical health
Healthy eating isn’t just about cutting out “bad” foods, it’s about eating a wide variety of foods in the correct amounts to help your body thrive and give it all of the nutrients that it needs. Keep in mind, there is no single food or specific menu or diet that you need to follow in order to be considered healthy. Healthy eating should be balanced, and catered to your body’s needs. Keep in mind, a doctor, dietitian, or nutritionist can help you to determine specific dietary needs for you, should you need to add or avoid any specific foods due to special diets or medicinal needs. Seeking advice from a medical professional can certainly aid in reaching optimal health!
While trying to get into a routine with a healthy diet, you’ve probably heard the term ‘superfood’ and wondered what that meant. The term, superfood, is a relatively new term that refers to foods that offer maximum nutritional benefits for minimal calories. These foods that are dubbed ‘superfoods’ are often packed with all of the essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to help your body feel it’s best.
Common superfoods include:
- High in fiber
- Naturally sweet
- Rich in color and antioxidants
- Feature disease-fighting nutrients
- They are extremely versatile—add to your smoothies, yogurt, eat them plain, & much more
- Great source of protein
- Good source of omega-3 fatty acids
- Helps to prevent heart disease
- You can buy fresh, frozen, or canned
- Great source of plant protein
- Contains monounsaturated fats
- Helps to reduce heart disease
- Add a handful to your oatmeal, salads, eat them plain, & more
- Excellent source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, and phytochemicals
- Add fiber to your diet
- Include in your salads, saute them, or add on top of your favorite dishes
Take note, there are multiple other superfoods you can add to your diet! Find which ones you love the most and experiment with new receipts to find your favorites.
Let’s Talk Supplements
Supplements are an excellent way to support your health and wellness. While they aren’t essential to reaching your optimal health, they do certainly help. A few supplements that can provide support for your body are high-quality multivitamins, omega-3, vitamin D, probiotics, and CBD.
- Multivitamin: Most of us are deficient in some vitamins and minerals, often due to the fact that the western diet lacks many necessary nutrients amongst other reasons such as stress, toxin exposure, and gut issues. Implementing a multivitamin can help to replenish the necessary nutrients your body needs.
- Omega-3: Omega-3 reduces inflammation and can help lower the risk of chronic disease. The fatty acids found in omega-3s can help support brain functions such as memory, cognition, and behavior.
- Probiotics: It’s important to note that 80% of your immune system resides within your gut, so gut health is wildly important. Taking probiotics daily can help to keep your body in balance, support your GI tract, and relieve digestive issues.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D contributes to many health factors including bone strength, heart health, and even cancer prevention. You can get your daily dose of vitamin D in drops or capsules, whatever your preference is.
- CBD: Ongoing research has shown that CBD can act as an amazing supplement for both physical and mental conditions. If you are looking for a high-quality CBD to implement into your wellness routine check out A88CBD products today!
Overall, the addition of supplements and superfoods can help support a healthy lifestyle. You should always do your own research and consult a health care professional to ensure that you are getting all of the nutrients that your body needs the most.